Job Title: Content Writer
Exempt Status: Exempt
Reports to: Digital Media Marketing Manager
Episource, with over 3000 employees worldwide, is a leading provider of risk adjustment services and solutions for health plans. Our services help Medicare Advantage, Commercial/Exchange, and Medicaid managed care plans improve and support accurate reimbursement in a post-Affordable Care Act market. Our services include retrospective chart reviews, medical record retrieval, HEDIS/ACO quality reporting, and data analytics, allowing payers and providers to dramatically reduce costs and improve quality of care.
Content Writer responsibilities will include conducting research and interviews to produce compelling and detailed blog posts, white papers, social media posts, webinars, and sales materials. They will work with our in-house Content Editor to ideate and develop story ideas, product messaging, and other content pieces relevant for our buyer personas. This position requires an ability to research detailed healthcare information, gather information effectively through interviews with Subject Matter Experts, and write detailed, informative pieces.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Regularly produce various content types, including email, social media posts, blogs and white papers.
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies).
- Write clear marketing copy to promote our products/services.
- Proofread and edit content pieces produced by other team members.
- Submit work to editors for input and approval.
- Identify buyers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics.
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone).
- Analyze content marketing metrics and make changes as needed.
- Collaborate with other departments to create innovative content ideas.
- May be assigned other duties.
- Must maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Education / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience.
- Excellent writing skills, as well as the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively.
- Ability to work with complex healthcare, finance, and technology topics.
- The ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Previous experience writing for a B2B audience.
- Portfolio of content pieces.
- Experience doing research using multiple sources.
- Experience in healthcare or finance preferred.
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office-Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting productivity standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
EEO POLICY STATEMENT:
Episource, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Episource, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Episource, LLC expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Episource, LLC employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.