Clinical Provider Trainer
Job Title: Clinical Provider Trainer
Exempt Status: Exempt
Division: Clinical Services
Reports to: Director, Clinical Operations
Episource, with over 3,000 employees worldwide, is a leading provider of risk adjustment services and solutions for health plans. Our services help Medicare Advantage, Commercial/Exchange, and Medicaid managed care plans improve and support accurate reimbursement in a post-Affordable Care Act market. Our services include retrospective chart reviews, medical record retrieval, HEDIS/ACO quality reporting, and data analytics, allowing payers and providers to dramatically reduce costs and improve quality of care.
The Provider Trainer is a regional position to oversee provider recruiting, on-boarding, and complete end-to-end on-boarding training for new providers.
- Support the HR and credentialing team with new / on-boarding providers by responding to and answering all clinical questions prior to and during the training process.
- For all NP/PA who complete HR and credentialing – schedule webinar or in-person training sessions
- Conduct/facilitate all on-boarding and continuing education training sessions
- Schedule and coordinate all on-site training programs. Includes working with administrative support and travel agents to quote meeting rooms, catering etc. as needed.
- Maintain and update all training materials by continually improve training materials based on KPIs of educational process quality and effectiveness.
- Identify and develop all training KPIs (such as assessment score %, participant satisfaction/survey of training process and materials, etc)
- Compile a monthly report for Director of Clinical Services on all training KPIs
- Develop and maintain a post-training survey
- Be the clinical services team resource / expert for all NP/PA training and provide mentorship and coaching to team champions and supervisors and support managers as needed with continual re-education of providers nationwide
- Work with Clinical Services team to support ongoing provider education and performance/quality improvement based on provider KPIs
- Maintain the content and users on the LITMOS learning platform in coordination with administrative assistant
- Log all training hours, and validate all training hours and prepare and submit to finance/payroll for provider reimbursement
- Create and distribute monthly Clinical Newsletter.
- Assist with interviewing candidates for NP/PA job openings as needed; document the interview outcome and submit to the HR and clinical team with recommendation to hire or do not hire.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the use of the Episource HRA application on the iPad and provide re-education and remedial instruction to providers as necessary at the request of managers and supervisors.
- May be assigned other duties at the discretion of the Director of Clinical Services or the Director of Clinical Business Operations
- Must maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Minimum of RN – BSN
- Nurse Practitioner
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) degree, Master’s degree in Nursing (MSN), or higher (DNP or PHD in Nursing)
- Physician’s Assistant
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree for Physician Assistants from a NCCPA program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or its predecessors.
- PA License obtained after taking the Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination (PANCE).
- 3 or more years of experience in patient care or clinical work
- 1 or more years of experience in an educational position directly training employees
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Ability to educate others on system applications and functions
- Ability to multi-task / work independently and be self-motivated to meet deadlines and achieve goals
- Strong computer skills; Microsoft office
- Proficient in the use of an Apple iPad and the Episource HRA application
- Strong professional level of knowledge including clinical assessment skills in the adult population and chronic disease management
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 200 pounds with assistance.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work will be done primarily from home office. Will require occasional work in Episource’s FL or CA offices and at off-site training venues
- Travel will be required
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work
Training / Certification Requirements:
- Current Licensure free of disciplinary actions
- AANP or AANC Certification
- CRNP License
- PA License
- NCCPA Certification
- Approved Specialties: FNP, ACNP, ANP, AGNP (not all-inclusive)
- Company compliance program modules
- Company safety regulations
EEO POLICY STATEMENT:
Episource, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Episource, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Episource, LLC expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Episource, LLC employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.