Full Time Nurse Practitioner
Job Title: Full Time Nurse Practitioner
Exempt Status: Exempt
Division: HRA Operations
Reports to: Manager, Tampa Retrieval
Location: Oregon – Salem, Roseburg, and Medford
The Full-Time Nurse Practitioner for Telehealth and in-home assessments is a regional position to perform both Telehealth and in-home health risk assessment (HRA) visits. The full time Episource Provider will report directly to the regional Supervisor and/or the Manager of Clinical Services and by performing Telehealth and in-home HRA visits will improve project outcomes, member satisfaction and the delivery of quality care.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform Telehealth health risk assessment (HRA) visits, using Episource’s assessment tool, from their home office setting when in-home visits are not allowed or available due to local or federal physical distancing restrictions and Episource executive decision.
- Perform in-home health risk assessment (HRA) visits in the member’s home environment whenever the in-home assessment program is operational. HRA visits may also be performed in a clinic or office setting or at Health Fairs as needed.
- The ratio of Telehealth: in-home assessments performed will be assigned based on project/client and membership need. Telehealth assessments may continue during in-home assessment operations as an option for extremely rural members or those who decline an in-home assessment. Travel will be required in order to provide in-home assessments and may be up to 100% of time worked.
- The full-time Episource Provider is expected to give availability to the scheduling team for 30 telehealth or 25 in-home HRA visits per week (or equivalent combination of both modalities).
- Availability for HRA visits will be determined by pre-arranged schedule which is approved by the clinical supervisor/manager. HRA visits may be performed 7 days per week between 8 AM and 8 PM local time.
- The full-time Episource Provider must maintain a HIPAA compliant dedicated space in their home to conduct Telehealth visits. All necessary hardware and software will be provided and only Episource issued hardware may be used to complete Telehealth visits and documentation.
- Perform a comprehensive HRA visit which includes a thorough medical history, review of systems, screenings and abbreviated physical exam via video conferencing.
- Identify and evaluate the disease processes and environmental risks of patients.
- Provide education to patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
- Make case management referrals as appropriate to improve the patient’s quality of life and medical care.
- Complete and submit all HRA visit documentation on the Episource iPad within a specific timeframe. Adhering to the documentation submission timeframe is a requisite of the job.
- Demonstrate accountability for their own professional practice by participating in educational programs that increase clinical knowledge base and skill set.
- Respond clearly and in a timely fashion to all communications within the Episource network.
- General supervision of a collaborating physician (where applicable by State law or client contract) will be provided by Episource.
- Requires an individual to maintain the ability to work in an environment with PHI / PII data.
- Must maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- May be required to obtain additional state licensure.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Nurse Practitioner
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) degree, Master’s degree in Nursing (MSN), or higher (DNP or PHD in Nursing)
- 1 or more years of experience in patient care or clinical work
- 1-3 years of clinical telehealth experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of customer service practices and principles
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task / work independently and be self-motivated to meet deadlines and achieve goals
- Proficient in the use of an Apple iPad
- Strong professional level of knowledge including clinical assessment skills in the adult population and chronic disease management.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds with assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work will be done in the home office setting and in the field / in members’ homes.
- The NP/PA must be able to provide a dedicated, confidential and secure space in the home to conduct Telehealth visits. This space must provide privacy to protect PHI/PII and also provide a professional backdrop for video conferencing.
- Wi-Fi required
- Travel is required and up to 100% of work hours.
Training /Certification Requirements:
- Current Licensure free of disciplinary actions
- AANP or AANC Certification
- CRNP License
- NCCPA Certification
- Approved Specialties: FNP, ACNP, ANP, AGNP (not all-inclusive)
- Company compliance program modules
- Company safety regulations
Disclaimer: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.