Job Title: HCC Provider Educator
Location for Hire: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Manager, Coding
SUMMARY: This is a temporary non-exempt, hourly, position. Performs medical record review and provider education based upon findings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and analyze provider documentation, with an eye toward compliance with CMS rules and regulations, to capture risk adjusting (HCC) diagnoses.
- Create an education plan for each assigned provider based on their specific needs to address discrepancies or inadequacies identified in documentation.
- Educate the provider in a face-to-face, one-on-one environment on an ongoing basis.
- Travel to offices to meet with providers.
- Complete records/logs of provider education sessions and the topics discussed.
- Work with provider offices to schedule appointments when the provider is available.
- Build a long-term rapport with assigned offices/providers.
- Additional duties as necessary to meet the obligations of our clients.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and lift. The employee must lift, carry and/or move medical records weighing up to 10 pounds. The Employee must have the ability to engage in repetitive motions such as utilizing a computer and reviewing medical records. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching, requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
EEO POLICY STATEMENT:
Episource, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Episource, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Episource, LLC expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Episource, LLC employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.