Job Title: HCC/Risk Adjustment Coding Specialist
Exempt Status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Coding Production Manager
Episource, with over 3000 employees worldwide, is a leading provider of risk adjustment services and solutions for health plans. Our services help Medicare Advantage, Commercial/Exchange, and Medicaid managed care plans improve and support accurate reimbursement in a post-Affordable Care Act market. Our services include retrospective chart reviews, medical record retrieval, HEDIS/ACO quality reporting, and data analytics, allowing payers and providers to dramatically reduce costs and improve quality of care.
We are currently seeking licensed medical coders. This will be a permanent, full-time, remote (home based) position.
The Coding Specialist will abstract diagnostic data and report ICD-10 codes and other information – as applicable to the project – from electronic and handwritten medical records in accordance with established CMS and client-specific guidelines for MRA coding. This position requires a strong knowledge of ICD-10-CM diagnostic coding and HCC documentation requirements.
Certified coder (CPC, CPC-H, RHIT, CCS, or CCS-P) Medicare Risk Adjustment (HCC) coding experience is required; minimum 2 years of diagnosis coding experience strongly preferred, but will consider minimal experience with demonstrated high competency in testing. Candidate must provide proof of adequate broadband internet speed to perform work.
- Ability to consistently meet established minimum quality standards in a heavy production environment,
- Close attention to detail, strong English grammar reading comprehension skills, strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills,
- Ability to assimilate and adapt quickly and accurately to coding guideline and/or other job-related changes,
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, excellent reliability, positive attitude and demonstrated ability to work timely and effectively under strict deadlines, are all a must.
- Must have current knowledge and training in ICD-10.
- Must have knowledge/understanding of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, and coding principles.
- Must be able to meet organization production and accuracy goals
- Compliance with HIPAA laws and regulations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching, requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
EEO POLICY STATEMENT:
Episource, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Episource, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Episource, LLC expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Episource, LLC employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.