IT Support Technician
Job Title: IT Support Technician
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Help Desk Supervisor
Location: Gardena, CA
Episource, with over 3,000 employees worldwide, is a leading provider of risk adjustment services and solutions for health plans. Our services help Medicare Advantage, Commercial/Exchange, and Medicaid managed care plans improve and support accurate reimbursement in a post-Affordable Care Act market. In addition to our Prospective in-home health assessments performed by the team of Episource Providers our services include retrospective chart reviews, medical record retrieval, HEDIS/ACO quality reporting, and data analytics, allowing payers and providers to dramatically reduce costs and improve quality of care.
We are looking for a friendly, customer-oriented individual to join our team who has 3-5 years of experience working in a desktop support role. This position requires you to communicate effectively with users via face to face, phone, email or through an online chat platform to respond to their inquiries. This individual should possess positive energy, be motivated, and eager to learn.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond to queries either in person, over the phone, or remotely if necessary. Meeting SLA requirements.
- Respond to email/chat messages for employees seeking help.
- Research issues and resolve within a timely manner. Escalate unresolved issues to the next level of support.
- Walk customer through problem-solving process. Show users on how to resolve quick issues.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Clean up computers and prepare workstations.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Maintain cleanliness/organization throughout direct IT work areas.
- User creation/modification/termination.
- Image and prepare MRT machines for redistribution.
- Packing and shipping of MRT Kits.
- Asset Management and organization.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Help Desk Supervisor.
- Excellent communication skills, customer oriented.
- May require weekend work.
- High school or general equivalency diploma.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to maintain patience and professionalism with demanding users.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of desktop support functions.
- Efficient in Microsoft office programs, Adobe, Bluejeans, windows 7, 8, 10.
- Recommend solutions or systems to streamline the workflow.
- Knowledge of networking concepts.
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and trust along with the ability to work independently. As well work collaboratively with other team members.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Experience working in a HIPAA/HITRUST environment.
Training / Certification Requirements:
- Company compliance program modules.
- Company safety regulations.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Requires prolonged sitting, some standing, some bending, stooping and stretching, requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity enough to operate a computer keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day.
- Must be able to talk, listen, speak, and view electronic equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting productivity standards. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching, requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
EEO POLICY STATEMENT:
Episource, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Episource, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Episource, LLC expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Episource, LLC employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.