Licensed Nurse Practitioner – Burlington, NC (HIRING NOW)
Job Title: Licensed Nurse Practitioner – Home Health Assessments
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Division: Clinical Services
Reports to: Director, Clinical Operations
Location: Burlington, NC
Job ID: 1812
Episource, with over 1500 employees worldwide, is a leading provider of risk adjustment services and solutions for health plans. Our services help Medicare Advantage, Commercial/Exchange, and Medicaid managed care plans improve and support accurate reimbursement in a post-Affordable Care Act market. Our services include retrospective chart reviews, medical record retrieval, HEDIS/ACO quality reporting, and data analytics, allowing payers and providers to dramatically reduce costs and improve quality of care.
The Provider effectively identifies, evaluates, and addresses disease prevention and health promotion issues of the Medicare Advantage, Medicaid or ACA members while conducting health assessments in the member’s home. They will be responsible for visiting members in their homes, in which they will do a medical history, review of systems, physical exam, and screenings such as spirometry, bone density, urinalysis and blood draws. Forms are completed on an iPad and on paper and audits are performed in a structured manner and feedback provided. Forms must be handed in within a specific timeframe and is a requisite for the job.
The Provider may also make recommendations of care to the member. They will be responsible for delivering or mailing (where applicable) collected specimens to laboratory drop off locations, complete documentation of all present and observed diagnoses for each member as well as educating patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
- Identify specific disease processes and environmental risks of Members.
- Performing designated tests/evaluations including: Finger sticks, Urine dip, and venipuncture, spirometry, and bone density. Screenings may include fall risk, home safety, nutrition evaluation, depression and pain.
- Responsible for the health assessment of high-risk patients that captures a comprehensive picture of the patient’s medical condition
- Demonstrates accountability for own professional practice by participating in educational programs that increase clinical knowledge base and skill set
- Complete all documentation within 48 hours from visit.
- Communicate clearly and timely when a clinical escalation is found. Document clinical escalations appropriately.
General supervision of a collaborating general practice physician (where applicable by State law or client contract).
Qualifications (required unless otherwise noted):
- Nurse Practitioner
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) degree, Master’s degree in Nursing (MSN), or higher (DNP or PHD in Nursing)
- Physician’s Assistant
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree for Physician Assistants from a NCCPA program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or its predecessors.
- PA License obtained after taking the Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination (PANCE).
- Strong computer skills, familiar with Microsoft office
- Ability to operate an Apple iPad
- Strong Professional level of knowledge and comprehensive clinical assessment skills in the adult population and chronic disease management.
Certification or License:
- Current Licensure free of disciplinary actions
- AANP or AANC Certification
- CRNP License
- PA License
- 1 or more years’ experience in patient care or clinical work
- 1 or more years’ experience providing home health care visits.
- 1 or more years’ experience performing physical examinations, performing diagnostic tests and screenings, and developing treatment plans.
- Approved: FNP, ACNP, ANP, AGNP (not all-inclusive)
Medical – Knowledge of information and techniques needed to diagnose and document disease processes; including symptoms, treatments, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health care measures.
Biology – Knowledge of plant and animal living tissue, cells, organisms, and entities, including their functions, interdependencies, and interactions with each other and the environment.
Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services including needs assessment techniques, quality service standards, alternative delivery systems, and customer satisfaction evaluation techniques.
Technology Skills – Ability to navigate an EHR on an iPad.
Speaking – Talking to others to effectively convey information.
Behavioral Perceptiveness – Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Reading Comprehension – Understanding written information.
Listening and Comprehension – The ability to hear and understand spoken information and ideas.
Critical Thinking – The ability to recognize problems and to use logic and analysis to identify the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches.
Judgment and Decision Making – Weighing the relative costs and benefits of a potential action.
The work will be done in patient homes and travel will be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 200 pounds with assistance.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
EEO POLICY STATEMENT:
Episource, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Episource, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Episource, LLC expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Episource, LLC employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.