Job Title: Outreach Consultant
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Division: MRR Operations
Reports to: Manager, Tampa Retrieval
The Outreach Consultant is call center/contact center representative responsible for a number of tasks which include but is not limited to contacting provider offices, hospitals, and healthcare facilities to schedule medical record retrieval appointments. Daily productivity goals aim to complete a minimum number of inbound/outbound calls per day and maintain a certain level of talk time throughout the day, in addition to achieving retrieval metrics. The consultant is also responsible for documenting all call interactions in database including updates, scheduling details and tracking progress of each assignment. Responsible for establishing and maintaining good rapport with provider network.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Responsible for contacting and scheduling provider offices by using various retrieval methods has to offer including mail, fax, electronic, and field.
- Communicates and coordinates with field retrieval technicians to ensure medical record appointments are completed within a reasonable time frame.
- Exchanges assignment information with onshore and offshore team members including India, Philippines, and U.S.
- Answers provider inquiries by clarifying desired information and researching request updates.
- Supports inbound calls from provider offices, medical records technicians, which include but not limited to preparing, sending and receiving correspondence externally and internally.
- Maintains a high productivity volume to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Resolves problems by clarifying issues, researching and providing alternative solutions.
- Implements solutions and escalating unresolved complaints.
- Accountable for following specific project protocols and maintains high quality results by adhering to standards and guidelines.
- Performs additional special assignments as required per project.
- Requires an individual to maintain the ability to work in an environment with PHI / PII data.
- May be assigned other duties.
- Must maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Outreach Consultant may be tasked with special handling outreach as necessary or to complete specialized outreach calls based on business need.
- This position has / has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Outreach Consultant may grow into additional responsibilities as they progress in their career as an Outreach Consultant with Episource.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Candidate has high school degree or equivilant.
- Maintains strong office/customer service skills and administrative experience to comprehend the varied activities associated with a team-oriented environment.
- Holds a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience within the contact center industry, preferentially for a health plan or medical facility.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with medical providers or health plan members as necessary.
- Basic computer application proficiency in a Windows-based operating environment, particularly Chrome browser. Basic understanding of spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Possesses a basic understanding of medical terminology, and handling healthcare administration confidentiality (i.e. HIPPA and PHI).
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintain a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments to completion with excellent time management skills within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices with minimal day-to-day supervision.
- Demonstrates the core competencies of: contact center professional skills, communication, consultation with supervisor as necessary, ethical practice and relationship management.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching, requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
EEO POLICY STATEMENT:
Episource, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Episource, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Episource, LLC expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Episource, LLC employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.