The Outreach Consultant is responsible for a number of tasks which includes but is not limited to contacting provider offices, hospitals, and healthcare facilities to schedule medical record retrieval appointments. Daily productivity goals aim to complete a minimum of 35 inbound/outbound calls per day in addition to achieving retrieval metrics. The consultant is also responsible for documenting all call interactions in database including updates, scheduling details and tracking progress of each assignment. Responsible for establishing and maintaining good rapport with provider network.
- Responsible for contacting and scheduling provider offices using various retrieval methods including mail, fax, electronic, and field as well as recording detailed documentation of all outreaches.
- Scheduling and coordinating with field retrieval technicians to ensure medical record appointments are completed as efficiently as possible.
- Communicate effectively with onshore and offshore team members.
- Provide support and education to provider offices to ensure efficient retrieval of medical records.
- Maintain a high call productivity volume to ensure project deadlines are
- Resolve problems by clarifying issues, researching and providing alternative
- Accountable for following specific project protocols and maintain high quality results by adhering to standards and guidelines per project.
- Support inbound calls from provider offices and medical records technicians, which can include but is not limited to preparing, sending and receiving correspondence externally and internally.
- Is flexible and trainable to perform additional special assignments as required per project.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or related experience.
- Strong office/customer service, administrative experience skills to comprehend the varied activities associated with a collaborative team oriented environment.
- Basic understanding of medical terminology, and handling Healthcare administration confidentiality (i.e. HIPPA and PHI)
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Suite, data management. Intermediate skill using Excel; formula knowledge a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a great attention to detail.
- Must have excellent time management skills, be highly organized, self-motivated, and able to work under strict timelines with minimal day-to-day supervision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching, requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.