Job Title: Practitioner – Social Determinants of Health
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Division: Clinical Services
Reports to: Manager, Clinical Services
Location: Anderson, IN
Episource, with over 3,000 employees worldwide, is a leading provider of risk adjustment services and solutions for health plans. Our services help Medicare Advantage, Commercial/Exchange, and Medicaid managed care plans improve and support accurate reimbursement in a post-Affordable Care Act market. In addition to our Prospective in-home health assessments performed by the team of Episource Providers our services include retrospective chart reviews, medical record retrieval, HEDIS/ACO quality reporting, and data analytics, allowing payers and providers to dramatically reduce costs and improve quality of care.
The part-time / seasonal Episource Practitioner is a regional position to perform in-home Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) assessments. The part-time / seasonal Episource Practitioner will report directly to the regional Supervisor and/or Manager of Clinical Services and by performing SDOH assessments will improve project outcomes, member satisfaction and quality of care.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform in-home SDOH assessments in the member’s home environment. SDOH assessments may also be performed in a clinic or office setting or at Health Fairs as needed.
- The part-time / seasonal Episource Practitioner is expected to give availability to the scheduling team for a minimum of 20 SDOH assessments per week.
- Availability for SDOH assessments must be provided to the Scheduling team monthly and within 7 days of request.
- The part-time Episource Practitioner will be regularly scheduled to perform in-home SDOH assessments for members within 20 miles of their home address.
- The part-time Episource Practitioner may be scheduled to perform in-home SDOH assessments for members greater than 20 miles from their home address as needed to meet project goals.
- Perform comprehensive SDOH assessment
- Make case management referrals as appropriate to improve the patient’s quality of life and medical care.
- Complete and submit all SDOH assessment documentation on the Episource iPad within a specific timeframe. Adhering to the documentation submission timeframe is a requisite of the job.
- Demonstrate accountability and professionalism.
- Respond clearly and in a timely fashion to all communications within the Episource network.
- Requires an individual to maintain the ability to work in an environment with PHI / PII data.
- Must maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Associates Degree or higher level of college education preferred
- Certified Medical Assistant, Licensed Social Worker, RN, LPN
- 1 or more years of experience in patient care or a clinical environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task / work independently and be self-motivated to meet deadlines and achieve goals
- Proficient in the use of an Apple iPad
- Reliable transportation is required
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds with assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work will be done primarily in the field / in members’ homes.
- Work in a clinic or office environment to meet a client’s needs may be required.
Training / Certification Requirements:
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Company compliance program modules
- Company safety regulations
- Must pass drug screening
EEO POLICY STATEMENT:
Episource, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Episource, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Episource, LLC expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Episource, LLC employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.