Job Title: Project Specialist
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Division: Project Management
Location: Tampa, FL
Episource is seeking a project manager who will take responsibility for delivering large-scale client projects. These projects span one or more of our product/service areas, and require the coordination of IT, operations, and professional teams across the US, India, and the Philippines.
- Work with Account Management/Client Service to translate client requirements into scopes of work for relevant operations areas (Medical Chart Retrieval, Medical Coding, Field Services, Call Centers, IT & Development, Consulting & Data)
- Help drive project requirements and solution design
- Use data to proactively manage project delivery, developing insights on process opportunities, risks and issues
- Monitor and report status of project progress and risks/issues
- Take ownership for escalations and significant issues while communicating consistently to clients and management
- Use past experience to implement tools or processes that improve project delivery
- Progressive experience managing large business services / operations projects, preferably in a healthcare environment. Payer and risk adjustment background beneficial. Role responsibilities would be expected
- Self-starter who is detail oriented and able to establish and meet aggressive deadlines
- A hands-on project management approach that not only plays global air-traffic-control, but also uses experience and perspective to help teams identify and solve problems
- Advanced Excel, Visio, and Microsoft tools
- Preferred at least 2 years of experience in project management
- Preferred at least 1-2 years of experience in the healthcare industry
Episource, with over 1,500 employees worldwide, is a leading provider of risk adjustment services and solutions for health plans. Our services help Medicare Advantage, Commercial/Exchange, and Medicaid managed care plans improve and support accurate reimbursement in a post-Affordable Care Act market. Our services include retrospective chart reviews, medical record retrieval, HEDIS/ACO quality reporting, and data analytics, allowing payers and providers to dramatically reduce costs and improve quality of care.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching, requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
EEO POLICY STATEMENT:
Episource, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Episource, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Episource, LLC expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Episource, LLC employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
ABOUT US: SIMPLE, QUALITY, AND COST-EFFECTIVE SOLUTIONS TAILORED TO THE NEEDS OF OUR CLIENTS.
Episource is driven to collect data that’s insightful and accurate. With innovative technology and a global services model, we offer intuitive analytics to impact meaningful growth. From robust Risk Adjustment Analytics, Retrospective Chart Reviews, Quality Reporting, Encounter Data Submissions, and Clinical Services, Episource starts with the smallest of details and translates them to create better patient insights around disease profiles and care gaps. We know that behind each chart and every code is a real person. Humanity is our binding element, and we have your members in mind. Our vision is to provide health information exchange solutions that allow healthcare organizations to safely and efficiently manage member-centric data, quality of care initiatives, member intervention and management programs, risk adjustment programs in Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial, and Exchanges. Episource emphasizes driving value, operational excellence, respect, and integrity in all aspects of our operational and professional conduct, while striving to reflect the highest ethical standards in our relationships with members, providers, and our clients. Embracing a hybrid model that caters to the requirements of the global market, Episource concentrates application and functional expertise located both onshore and offshore, where we leverage best practices and economies of scale. Our highly-skilled workforce is trained in a consistent client delivery approach that emphasizes value, and enables clients to focus more on their core competencies.