Risk Adjustment Micro-Strategies Webinar Slides
Improve your RAF Score with our RAF Playbook.
Download the slides from Episource’s presentation by Sujata Bajaj, our SVP of Product Development, alongside Jason McDaniel, VP Risk Adjustment and Quality at Healthcare Partners Nevada. In this presentation they discuss practical, hands-on solutions to address the issues associated with maximizing RAF capture. Topics range from building an in-house risk adjustment team to best practices for incorporating updates to payment models.
- Staple Risk Adjustment programs of Chart Review and Prospective Assessments will yield RAF up to 7% lower
- New techniques will allow plans to capture codes that would otherwise fall through the cracks of traditional RA programs
- Best practices will be to employ a well-timed comprehensive list of retrospective and prospective campaigns, as well as the established and emerging technologies that will support programs (i.e. analytics programs, EDS-specialized submissions, NLP etc.)
- Plans and provider groups can work together to improve the accuracy of risk scores through commitments to share risk and actively collaborate
- Risk Adjustment departments need to implement a range of micro-strategies for capturing codes, including provider query, second level review coding audits, and year-round analytics